If you have photos of Randy you would like to share, e-mail them to earthjeremy@gmail.com
Randy's Road to Recovery!: Rehab In Motion

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Rehab In Motion

I spent time with Randy on Saturday and Monday. He really wants to be home, but he also knows that he's got some work ahead of him in rehabilitation to gain muscle strength again.

I've changed the top of this blog so that it has the information where he's currently at and how to get in touch with him by phone.

The phone in the room only allows him to call local numbers. He has a calling card and thus, the ability to dial out long distance, but quite honestly it's still a task for him to have to dial a bunch of numbers in just to make a call, so please give him a call when you have a moment. Even if it's just on a break at work or on your drive home. Family and friends really do brighten his day and give him something to focus on other than all of the hospital sounds that he can tell you all about when you talk to him. (One of those sounds, the patient who was sharing the room, has been moved out so no more random talk about snakes. :-)

I brought my laptop with me and caught him up with some of the things friends have been doing over the past few months. I also had some pictures of his cats, Big Kitty and Stella to remind him what he'll soon be getting back to. (Even if they leave hair all over the place) As of Monday afternoon, he had still not seen this blog and expressed that it may take some time to actually be able to sit and read all of the thoughts, wishes and progress reports. He's curious, but at the same time I think it's a lot of emotional overload to take in all at once.

That said, he still makes the nurses laugh with his quick wit and smart alec responses. Wednesday is supposed to be the day that he meets with the therapists, doctor and case manager to go over the therapies and create a plan as to how long he'll be there. He's said several times that he's doing whatever it takes to make his stay as short as possible. I told him I already have the tennis balls ready for his walker when he gets out.

Keep the love a comin' !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home