RCU #3
Tuesday June 20, 2006
9:00pm
Speaking cautiously, this was an improved day. First, last night Randy's heart rate finally leveled off to where the doctors wanted it. This allowed for the lowering of the dosages of some of the medications today as well as being able to be taken off one altogether. His kidneys produced a small amount of urine for the first time which is a good sign and a step in the right direction.
Randy's Mom (Sandy), Dad (Ernie) and Sister (Monica) have been at the hospital non-stop. His sister has been 8 1/2 months pregnant and dilated 2cm since Friday. This morning around 5am her water broke so she was on one end of the hospital while Randy was on the other.
Randy has been on 100% oxygen respirator this whole time. Today this was lowered to 80% oxygen and his body was able to keep a good level of oxygenation in his blood. There was a clot that formed---I believe it was with the dialysis but there was a lot of information today and I
didn't write it all down so the important thing to note from this is that it was caught, he was given a drug to thin his blood some and he was given 2 units of blood and the dialysis process continued.
I mentioned yesterday that he was a bit more awake because some of the medication to keep him under had been reduced. This was changed today as he became agitated at one point. My own personal opinion---for those of you who know Randy and know he can't sit still for two minutes let alone two days---is that he wants all the tubes out of him. I imagine he gets frustrated. So he's been kept asleep for most of the day and night as his agitation could effect recovery. I was able to go and hold his hand and say goodnight before leaving today.
Monica & Blaine Morgan had baby Kailer Blaine Morgan around 1:15pm. He was 6lbs 13oz and 19 1/4" long. There had been a joke going around from Randy's nieces that the baby's name was going to be "Chocolate." So when Randy comes through, I'm going to call him Uncle CoCo. (If you
have get well cards, please write that) =)
I am no longer in Murrieta, but the family is and so is Michael Bouma. Major updates happen usually after nurse shift changes at 8am and 8pm so I will continue to post until he's awake and well out of critical condition.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home